- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cassava or coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk and eggs to a large bowl and mix until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Add in coconut or cassava flour, baking soda, salt and the remaining spices. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, drizzle the chocolate over the bars.