- 3 lbs chicken breast, cut in thin strips;
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp each oregano, chili powder, cumin and coriander
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 4 tbsp cooking fat (coconut oil, tallow or ghee are excellent here);
- Butter lettuce to serve
- You choice of toppings: sliced avocados, salsa, guacamole
- Combine the chicken, bell peppers, onions, spices, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- If possible, let it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook the whole preparation with the cooking fat until the chicken is cooked through and the onion and bell pepper are soft.
- Put the hot chicken preparation in a large bowl and let the people prepare their own fajitas on top of lettuce leaves with their favorite toppings.