- 2 or 3 heads of broccoli, depending on their size;
- 1 1/2 cup red or green grapes, halved;
- 10 slices bacon;
- 1/2 chopped purple onion;
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or almond slivers;
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Cut the broccoli in small florets. You can use the stalks as well, making sure to cut it in pieces about the same size as the florets.
- Mix the florets with the seeds or almonds, chopped onion and halved grapes.
- Crumble crispy bacon into pieces and add it to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with the salad just before serving.