- 2 bananas very ripe, smashed
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (I use Otto’s brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, warmed slightly OR ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled, or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin (I use Great Lakes brand)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick baking stone.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl: cassava flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: smashed banana, coconut butter (or butter), coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, folding together thoroughly without over-mixing.
- Mound cookie dough onto cookie sheet, spacing apart by 1″. Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and golden brown on top.